Coconut Oil one of the purest sources of essential fatty acids available. Don’t be fooled–this saturated fat is good for you! Coconut oil is considered one of the healthiest oils one can consume.
It is a medium chain fatty triglyceride (MCT), which the body looks for first for fuel because they are smaller and permeate cell membranes easily without the need for carrier proteins and special enzymes. MCT’s are sent directly to the liver–and converted to energy–rather than being stored as fat. In fact, eating coconut oil is one of the best ways to lose fat–AND never be hungry!
[sws_bef_box box_size=”625″]“MCT’s do not depend on bile or pancreatic enzymes to be effectively metabolized. This makes coconut oil fully digestible by those who have had their gallbladder removed.” ~ Natural News [/sws_bef_box]
Physiologist and biochemist Ray Peat, Ph.D. considers coconut oil to be an antioxidant due to its resistance to oxidation and free radical formation.
1. Use it as a hair and scalp treatment.
2. Use it as an all over skin moisturizer.
3. Stir it into your hot tea for hours of satiation.
4. Put a spoonful into every smoothie.
5. Use it for “oil pulling” to remove toxins and pathogens from the body.
6. Use it for cooking and baking as it can withstand much higher temperatures than other oils.